Vision & Values
As staff and participants in our Intramural Sports program, we are committed to realizing the ideals below:
- We are a safe and actively-inclusive community: Our events must contribute positively towards a physically and emotionally safe and inclusive McMaster community. ‘Actively-inclusive’ means we actively work to breakdown barriers to participation and extend invitations to historically marginalized groups.
- We are participant-focused and student-led: Each and every participants’ experience must be central in every decision, which will be driven, along with our entire program, by our student-staff leaders.
- We are redefining sport culture: We are forward-thinking and active creators of an increasingly positive and constructive sport culture; ‘that’s just sports’ or ‘that’s the way it’s always worked’ or ‘that’s the way it works everywhere else’ only works for us as long as it is serving our goals and vision.
- We are committed to excellence in service delivery: As staff, we strive for continuous improvement in the delivery of our product – fun, friendship and an active lifestyle through sport – whether in terms of customer service and administration or the in-game ‘sport’ experience.
- We offer meaningful work experience: We create meaningful work experiences, including unique student-job supervisory / management opportunities, and pathways to progress within and between roles; staff members can expect to both give and receive feedback on their own and others’ performance regularly.
Please see our Virtual Intramural League offerings below. You must register for all leagues on IMLeagues.com/McMaster as a participant with the McMaster Intramural program.
For updates regarding the COVID-19 response at McMaster University, please visit covid19.mcmaster.ca